Thursday, May 31, 2007

Pirates, Daycare, and Vomiting - oh my!

Matilda is going very well with her eye patch, and generally doesn't rip it off ... too quickly! We're calling her our little pirate, and thanks to the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie, I picked up a few of pirate-themed kids books at Borders this week. We're now reading "That's not my Pirate" each night before bed. :)
Matilda started daycare last week, just two days a week for the moment, and we'll increase it to three days when I start work. Last week she spent half days at the centre, and it went rather well. I think the carers were excited to have a (relatively) little one there as all the other kids in the babies room are close to moving up to the toddlers room ... they're so old at 15 months or so!! This week Matilda spent almost the whole days there, and on the second day she even managed to have a decent afternoon sleep - pretty good given that she hasn't really shared a room with a bunch of other kids before. Next week John will take her in and pick her up, and I'll be at home ... doing jobs! Matilda's even done her first painting already, how quickly they do new things at daycare. :)
Last Wednesday as we were driving to the Hookers to watch the State of Origin match, Matilda vomited all over herself and a fair bit of her carseat. On Tuesday as we got home from town, she did the same thing. I had been thinking that she could have inherited my motion sickness, or possibly the vomiting has been brought on by her teething (we found two bottom teeth starting to stick up out of the gums last Thursday). One of the other guys at John's work has an older girl who's teething, and she's been vomiting, too. Different baby books seem to say everything from there are no side effects/symptoms of teething to yucky poos are a dead-on giveaway that teething's about to happen ...
Anyway, my motion sickness theory has now been sidelined. Matilda just vomited all over her Aunty Janet straight after dinner tonight. There's no food that's a common denominator, so I'm a bit stuck as to what's causing this (and no temperatures, lethargy, only a bit of grumpiness).
I love to share all of the fun stuff! :) Will post more photos soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was particularly enchanted with the "yucky poos" phrase! Thanks *so* much for sharing! ;-)

KT said...

Guess I should've put a TMI marker on that?!! ;)