What's been happening since Christmas:
- New Years Eve - celebrated at the Hookers, our little party animal stayed up until 9:45 pm!! She then crashed pretty solidly until the revelry outside her window at midnight. Took a while to calm down, and then slept until about 8. Big afternoon sleep when we got home (phew for exhausted parents who went to bed at 3:30 or something crazy like that).
- Jan 7 - Happy Birthday Aunty Petie!! We checked out her newly painted apartment, with its gorgeous, but not Matilda and food friendly cream couch. :)
- Jan 14 - Grommet operation. All went well, so much faster than the eye op (duh). Didn't even get a drip anaesthetic - just gas (but still totally knocked out). I didn't cry this time ... Recovered well in the hospital, had a sleep on Mummy, then went home just before lunch. No voms in the car (phew), but also, no afternoon sleep thanks to the sleep with Mum ... M is very much a one sleep only a day girl, and it's much shorter if it happens in the morning.
- Later that week - had to take M home from daycare due to a "rash spreading". Went to the GP, all was well, then had to take a day off as the modem was broken at home, and couldn't work.
- Aus Day weekend - went to Rainbow Beach to visit GG Caroline. M had a great time, but perhaps driving at night is not a good option for her, unless we're up for 1-2 hours of wakefulness and burning off some energy when we arrive. The 2 or so hours sleep in the car is enough to make M feel alive, and we don't seem to be able to get her in bed without her waking up a bit later.
Found out that M loves the surf, all goes well as long as we put in ear plugs and a band around her head in the car park, not on the beach when she can see the waves! M doesn't know about blowing bubbles or how dep water is, but was quite happy to splash and play with Mummy and Daddy in relatively deep water. She also had great fun charming the town.
- Tues 29th - moved up to the junior Toddlers room. M loves it, and loves the level of activity the group do. It's much more of a routine than the babies room (where they let each child run on their own routine), but she's fine with it.
- M is practially running now, and getting very determined about what she does and doesn't want to do. I thought tantrums weren't meant to start until the "terrible twos", but I was wrong!
- Vocab - Dada, Mama (rarely), shoeshoe, Ma - for snack, more, milk ... ,up/up and down (thanks to Great Gran).